Marc Herz studied business at the Ludwig Maximilian University in Munich and gained experience in business strategy, communications and economic research through his engagements in various international companies and research institutes. Following his diploma, Marc Herz started as analyst and consultant at a UK-based market research and consultancy company.
Afterwards, Marc Herz completed his PhD Management at the University of Vienna and held various marketing and research courses in Germany, Austria and Azerbaijan. In his research, Marc Herz focused on branding, market research and consumer behaviour. His work has thereby won several awards and was published in international top journals.
- Herz, M., & Rahe, V. (2020). Virtual Reality Becoming Part of Our Lives—Assessing Consumers’ Perceived Applicability of Virtual Reality Supported Tasks and a Critical Reflection on the Development. In Augmented Reality and Virtual Reality (pp. 113-122). Springer, Cham.
- Herz, M., & Krezdorn, N. (2020). The More You Know–High versus Low Experience Effects on Project Management Decisions. In Forum Markenforschung 2018 (pp. 107-122). Springer Gabler, Wiesbaden.
- Micevski, M.; Halkias, G.; Herz, M. (2019). Multiple consumer identities and the crossover effect of the EU identity in predicting domestic and foreign product preferences. Journal of Business Research
- Herz, M. & Rauschnabel, P. (2019). Understanding the Diffusion of Virtual Reality Glasses: The Role of Media, Fashion and Technology. Technological Forecasting & Social Change, 138, 228-242.
- Herz, M., Arnegger, J., & Mayer, M. (2018). How Stable is Event-Related Country-Image Change?. In Forum Markenforschung 2016 (pp. 141-157). Springer Gabler, Wiesbaden
- Herz, M., & Arnegger, J. (2017). Country Image Formation, Stability and Change – A Longitudinal Assessment of the Image of Azerbaijan. Journal of Travel & Tourism Marketing.
- Herz, M., & Diamantopoulos, A. (2017). I Use it but Will Tell You that I Don’t: Consumers’ Country-of-Origin Cue Usage Denial. Journal of International Marketing.
- Diamantopoulos, A., Herz, M., & Koschate, N. (2017). The EU as Superordinate Brand Origin: An Entitativity Perspective. International Marketing Review.
- Herz, M., Arnegger, J., & Mayer, M. (2017). How Stable is Event-Related Country-Image Change? The Eurovision Song Contest 2012 in Azerbaijan – What effect remains years after the event?
- Herz, M., & Brunk, K. (2017). Conceptual Advances in Consumers’ Semantic and Episodic Brand Memories: A mixed methods exploration. Psychology & Marketing, 34(1), 70-91.
- Arnegger, J., & Herz, M. (2016). Economic and destination image impacts of mega-events in emerging tourist destination. Journal of Destination Marketing & Management, 5(2), 76-85.
- Herz, M. F., Hutzinger, C., Seferagic, H., & Windsperger, J. (2016). Trust, Decision Rights Delegation and Performance – The Case of Franchising. Journal of Small Business Management.
- Rauschnabel, P. A., & Herz, M., Schlegelmilch, B. B. & Ivens, B. (2015). Brands and Religious Labels: A Spillover Perspective. Journal of Marketing Management.
- Herz, M. (2015). Do you know COO? An explorative perspective on consumers’ country-of-origin knowledge. In Forum Markenforschung (pp. 101-117). Springer Fachmedien Wiesbaden.
- Herz, M., & Diamantopoulos, A. (2013). Activation of Country Stereotypes: Automaticity, Consonance, and Impact. Journal of the Academy of Marketing Science, 41 (4), 400-417.
- Herz, M. F., & Diamantopoulos, A. (2013). Country-Specific Associations Made by Consumers: A Dual Coding Theory Perspective. Journal of International Marketing, 21 (3), 95–121.
- Herz, M. F. (2012). The country-of-origin concept reassessed: The long path from the ‘made-in’ label. In C. Baumgarth & D.-M. Boltz (Eds.), Impluse für die Markenpraxis und Markenforschung (pp. 141-161). Wiebaden: Springer Gabler.
- Herz, M. F. (2010). Exploring consumers´ brand image perceptions with collages – Implications on data collection, data analysis and mixed method approaches. In W. Mayerhofer & M. Secka (Eds.), Aktuelle Beiträge zur Markenforschung. Tagungsband des 3. Internationalen Markentags (pp. 121-143). Wiesbaden: Gabler.
» Full list of publications